Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disappointment

I am so upset at my oldest daughter right now and figure it is better to hash it out on here than let it simmer. She is 10 and so beautiful and stubborn and sensitive and selfish! It is amazing that my little girl can be such a selfish, disrespectful thing. She always wants more or something better or to prove that she is better than her younger brother and sister. How fabulous to try to prove that you are better than your 6 year old sister?!?! No matter what my husband and I tell her she doesn't listen. We are both full-time students so things are tight financially. However, we have some pretty wonderful family members so our kids haven't wanted for much. Plus things are a little more comfortable for us now that I am working part-time. My daughter has to complain about what she doesn't have or how so and so gets this. I am seething mad at her attitude right now. She doesn't even see that there is anything wrong with it! I just want to beat my head against the wall!

This all started because my youngest REALLY wanted the new Alvin and the Chipmunks ~The Squequel and the older one complained because she was going to get the little cardboard 'poster' that was covering the 2-disk DVD set. This is the girl who is crazy over Twilight & has 1 Twilight and 4 New Moon posters. It has all been so ridiculous! I swear it was almost better to not be able to afford anything except the basic necessities because then there was none of this. How do you teach your kids to be thankful and unselfish? We are involved in various charities and very involved with our church family. Okay, I think I have beat this dead horse enough. I will try to repeat "This too shall pass!" I need a t-shirt like Josh Groban has!

No comments:

Post a Comment