Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time

I am starting this entry without a title because I am unsure what it will be. My life is so busy and I feel like I am already behind. Classes started 2 weeks ago and I am so blessed to be able to do the things that I am doing. I just haven't gotten into the right rhythm yet and don't feel as productive as I should be.

I got my blood tests back after several weeks and the test showed that I am not allergic to any of the things they tested me for. This test proves a few things to me 1) I don't have any other food intolerances or issues and 2) I need to go back be tested for the genetic marker for celiac. I know for a fact that I cannot tolerate gluten or dairy because it does undesirable things to my digestive system and my face breaks out in acne. Not pretty when you are 30! I knew that the gluten or dairy allergies wouldn't show up because I have not eaten them in 6 months. I want to be sure that it isn't celiac. The genetic test will tell me whether I have the marker for it and whether I should go further into testing for it. I am so sensitive to gluten and have to be EXTREMELY careful not to 1) contaminate my food with gluten and 2) unknowingly eat something with gluten in it. I have been so careful and am feeling a ton better.

I talked to my best friend tonight and it is so difficult to keep in close touch because we live a gazillion miles apart and have a 3 hour time difference. Not to mention how jam packed our lives are. She lives in Mississippi and I am in Alaska. I (along with my family) will be in Indiana for 2 months so she is going to try to come up. That would be so fabulous! We haven't seen each other in about 4 years. I hadn't told her about my Dad dying in November and I even started crying. I haven't cried about it in awhile and telling her brought it back.

I am getting a little stressed about my schedule but I have to get in a good routine. Well I have to get busy doing something besides this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment