Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thankfulness

I want to dedicate this post, on this day to my most favorite gluten free blog. She really is a dear and well, a goddess! No, I have never met her other than on the lovely pages of her smart, sassy, witty & delicious blog. As I have previously said I have discovered that I have some food 'issues'. I hesitate to say allergies yet as I am in the process of waiting for the results of my blood tests. I began searching the internet for gluten free recipes when I stumbled upon the reality that I may be gluten intolerant (praying hard that I'm not celiac) and low and behold, what do I find? A Gluten Free Goddess!! She has allowed my culinary world to be opened again. And because she has more allergies to food than what you would ever dream, her recipes are perfect for me! What brought me to post about this today you ask? I was wanting to use up some pumpkin pie stuff in my fridge when I decided to look up a few recipes. I went to her blog and as I was perusing I started reading some of the charm that is Karina and then started further perusing the chocolate chip cookie recipes and my heart swelled with gratitude. As I sit here with a stomach who is trying to decide whether it likes the breakfast I ate, I am contemplating making some, OH SO GOOD, chocolate chip cookie/vanilla brownies! Of course, it doesn't hurt that the temps here have been between -20 & -30 degrees F (and lower!) for the last two weeks. It is not hard to imagine why yummy warm brownies would warm me a bit. Soooo, I just wanted to give a shout out to the culinary & literary goddess, Karina, who inspires me even when I get down because of all my food 'issues'!

Just in case you want to check out her blog, allergy laden or not, go to http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/ (I am still trying to figure out how to put the actual link in!) Thanks Karina!

No comments:

Post a Comment