Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Music Appreciation

I received a scholarship this year that was for *cough* older students who had been out of school for 5 or more years, were seeking a bachelor degree and had financial need. Since I can check each of those boxes I wrote my essay and was one of the students chosen to receive the scholarship. It paid my tuition (not fees or supplies) for the year up to $5000. In-state tuition in Alaska is practically dirt cheap...it's everything else that costs an arm and a leg :) So I am trying to get as much out of the scholarship as possible so I signed up for a Wintermester class over holiday break. It is similar to Maymester where you take a 3 credit class in 2 wks. I took Communications during Maymester several years ago at Purdue in Indiana and vowed NEVER to do it again! I have just proven the point that one should never, say never ;) I am taking Music Appreciation- The interrelation of music, art & drama. It has been a wonderful experience. My professor is great AND interesting! He doesn't expect miracles and really enjoys what he is teaching.

I have an extra semester open because my husband won't graduate until a semester after I have completed my requirements so I am going to take some classes I want that last semester and graduate with my husband. I am going to take more music classes. I absolutely, stupidly adore music! Since I 'discovered' Josh Groban my music world has blown wide open! I want to learn how to play the piano and that will be one of the classes I take. They offer class piano for amateurs like me, lol!

Off to bible study for us! Smile at strangers...it confuses them :P

2 comments: