Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Potpourri

Wow, a lot has happened in the last week! This post is going to be a bag of potpourri with all the things I want to say.

First of all, it has been freezing!! Brrrrr :) It is bearable but it makes me REALLY appreciate summer.


My wintermester class is almost at an end and I am a little sad. I have enjoyed every minute of it!

I have a new job! Yeah, like I need another thing in my schedule. This job was too good to pass up. Plus, they basically called me and said, "This job is available and we think it would be perfect for you, are you interested?" I worked my first day today and it was great! I am going to be the student lead in the New Student Orientation office at the U. In the posts to follow I'll explain more about my duties as I learn them :)

I had made a doctor appointment to establish care and get help with some of the things bothering mainly what appears to be a gluten and dairy intolerance. I laid it out for the doctor and he ordered a blood test to test me for allergies that included a celiac panel, soy, eggs, peanuts, dairy, and some of the local seasonal allergies. Thankfully there aren't many of those but once we go back to Indiana I will be miserable again. We only have 6 species of trees in Alaska. Indiana, yeah, lots more! I will find out about my results in 10 days and I'll post about that too. I just want to have a base and go from there. I am having my son get a celiac panel also. He was tested for the main allergies but I want him specifically tested for gluten. He has been on a mostly GF diet for several months now. I say mostly because he is a cheater and eats some things that he shouldn't. He complained of his stomach hurting for months and when I suspected that I had a gluten intolerance and it hurt my stomach I decided to try it on him too. He hasn't complained of a sick stomach since then.

Until later.....TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment