Friday, April 16, 2010

Little surprises

Life can be so hectic and stressful that you can focus on only that. Then all of a sudden you are pleasantly surprised by something fantastically grand! It happened to me on Thursday evening. I received a call that I needed to call the Dean's office and I was thinking...what for? Then I got an email and this is what it said...

Dear Shannon,

The Fairbanks Garden Club presents their Conservation Award annually to a Natural
Resources Management student who has shown exceptional achievement and interest in
the agricultural industry and/or in the management of natural resources including forested lands. A committee of School of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences faculty and the Dean selects the student. The $300.00 cash award is presented at the Fairbanks Garden Club's April meeting. I am very pleased to tell you that you are the recipient of this year's award.

WOOHOO! I was TOTALLY not expecting this! It makes me wonder who chooses and why they actually picked me! I get to go to a luncheon with the garden club so they can give me the award. It is very flattering. It won't look too bad on my resume either ;o) It's magnificent really!

No comments:

Post a Comment