Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mommy vs. Student

I have written about how we have been having trouble with our oldest daughter and her attitude. It is so stupefying to me as to what we should do. I decided to sit her down and ask her "what type of person do you want to be?" This would be limited to character traits and not things like, "I want to be rich"...don't we all! I think this may get the ball of conversation rolling and help us accomplish the things we are trying to teach her...at least I pray it does!

Of course, in all of this I have to study for two major exams in systematic botany. Not to mention the gazillion other assignments and projects that have to be done before the end of the semester. It is days like this that I battle the most with wearing so many hats. I love being a mommy and I love being a student but they do not always go well together! I know I am so blessed to have a helpful, loving husband and that I am not the only one to go through this. I am constantly asked how I can do this having a family...and honestly I don't know sometimes. It is just something I need to do and I do it. It will make our life more enjoyable and secure. I like the fact that I will be doing something to help the environment and people.

Well, back to studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment